Death Toll Of Easter Sunday Attacks Rises To 310: Over 500 Still Receiving Treatment

The death toll of the Easter Sunday attacks has risen to 310, the Police Media Spokesman said. 

Over 500 people who sustained injuries are currently receiving treatments in hospitals in several parts of the country. 

Addressing a press conference at Temple Trees yesterday, Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne said compensation would be all paid to all victims of Easter Sunday clashes. 

Meanwhile, Police sources added that security had been beefed up across the country and continuous raids are taking place to apprehend those connected to Easter Sunday attacks.

The President announced emergency regulations last night, allowing the law enforcement authorities enhanced powers to conduct raids and surveillance. 

 

© 2017 Asian Mirror (pvt) Ltd