HomeInternational NewsUK Doctor Leaves Unconscious Patient to Have Sex with Nurse

UK Doctor Leaves Unconscious Patient to Have Sex with Nurse

spot_img

A doctor in the UK scrubbed in and rendered his patient unconscious before ducking out for an illicit rendezvous with a nurse, a tribunal has heard.

Dr Suhail Anjum, a 44-year-old married consultant anaesthetist, was working at Tameside Hospital in Manchester on September 16 2023 when he asked a colleague to monitor an unconscious patient while he took a “comfort” break during a surgery, LBC reported.

Andrew Molloy, representing the General Medical Council, told the tribunal that Anjum made himself very comfortable indeed.

Molloy said another nurse entered an neighbouring theatre shortly afterward and found Anjum and a nurse (identified as Nurse C) “in a compromising position”.

“She described seeing Nurse C with her trousers around her knee area with her underwear on display and Dr Anjum was in the process of tying up the cord of his trousers,” Molloy said.

The shocked nurse quickly walked out, and Anjum returned to his patient. He had been gone for eight minutes.

Anjum, who returned to his native Pakistan after the incident, was appearing before the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service to ask for permission to work in the UK again.

He admitted engaging in sexual activity with Nurse C and admitted his actions had the potential to put his patient at risk.

Molloy said that the patient came to no harm.

“It was quite shameful, to say the least. I only have myself to blame,” Anjum told the tribunal.

“I let down everybody, Not just my patient and myself but the trust and how it would look.

“I let down my colleagues who gave me a lot of respect.”

He blamed his behaviour on stress at home following the birth of youngest child in January 2023.

“Our daughter was born premature, with a very, very low birth weight,” he said.

“My wife had a very traumatic delivery, it was quite a stressful experience. We failed to connect as a couple during that time.

“It took a toll on my personal life, my mental health and wellbeing, and my work at the hospital.”

The hearing is set to continue.

spot_img

Latest articles

Chinese national in South Korea gets 20 years for hacking accounts of BTS’ Jungkook, others

A South Korean court on Thursday sentenced a Chinese national to 20 years in...

Podcasters’ Association of Sri Lanka hosts dialogue on Sri Lanka’s  evolving media landscape

The Podcasters’ Association of Sri Lanka hosted Exploring the New Media Landscape, a discussion...

Every Time Namal Draws a Crowd, He Is Summoned to FCID: Johnston

Former Minister Johnston Fernando has claimed that MP Namal Rajapaksa is being summoned before...

Semen Sample Found on Mat Matches Pallegama Thera’s DNA, Court Told

Scientific evidence has revealed that a semen sample recovered from a mat at the...

More like this

Chinese national in South Korea gets 20 years for hacking accounts of BTS’ Jungkook, others

A South Korean court on Thursday sentenced a Chinese national to 20 years in...

Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn, Tiger Shroff Issued Notices Over Promotion of Prohibited Product

Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Tiger Shroff have come under regulatory...

US, Iran Reportedly Agree on Draft Framework to End War, Ease Sanctions

The United States and Iran have reportedly agreed on a draft memorandum of understanding...