Another Suspected Gas Leak: Fire Breaks Out In House In Nikaweratiya

November 26, 2021

A fire has broken out inside a house in the Nikaweratiya area earlier today.

The fire broke out when the occupants were away from the house and it has caused severe damage to the kitchen.

The cause of the fire has not been revealed yet. But residents say it may have been caused by a gas leak.

Nikaweratiya Police are conducting further investigations. This is the latest incident in a series of similar fires reported from several parts of the country recently.

Commenting on this, the landlord said that everything in the house had been destroyed by fire.

© 2019 Asian Mirror (pvt) Ltd