Saudi-Led Bloc To Continue Qatar Boycott

The foreign ministers of four Arab nations gathered in Cairo on Wednesday to discuss Qatar's response to a joint list of demands for ending the diplomatic crisis in the Persian Gulf. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain have been seeking to isolate their tiny neighbor over allegations that it supports extremist organizations.

The bloc said that they "regret the negative response from Qatar," in a statement read by Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry. He added that Qatar exhibited a "failure to realize the gravity of the situation." Shoukry's Saudi counterpart Adel al-Jubeir then confirmed that "the political and economic boycott will continue until Qatar changes its policies for the better."

Saudi Arabia had said earlier on Wednesday that it and its Arab allies had received Qatar's response to their demands within the set deadline.

Courtesy:DW



© 2019 Asian Mirror (pvt) Ltd